Front porch fluffing & jalapeno chicken

Tuesday, September 27, 2011


It had been so HOT lately that I had really begun to neglect our front porch.  Sorry for being a bad blogger and not taking a before picture.  Let me just say...it was not inviting.

I planted some mums, trimmed back the overgrown sweet potato vines and gave the porch a good rinse.


 I still need to replace the flag holder {5th time, no joke, crazy Oklahoma winds} and make a new fall wreath for the front door.  But all that will have to wait for another day.  I've got some hungry kids and they are wanting Jalapeno Chicken.
This was a fire station recipe but its so darn good that I wanted to share it with ya'll.




Jalapeno Chicken

6 to 8 large chicken breasts {cut into small bite size pieces}
Buttermilk {1/2 a pint}
Small jar of jalapeno slices w/the juice
Flour
Panko bread crumbs

The night before:  Marinate your bite size chicken chunks in enough buttermilk so that all the pieces are almost covered and then dump in the entire jar of jalapeno slices and juice.  Cover and let sit in the frig overnight.


The next day, scoop the chicken out with a slotted spoon and dump in a bowl of flour.  Shake to coat them well {just a few at a time} and fry them.  I like to use a cast iron skillet but anything will do.  Just make sure your oil is really hot before you put the chicken in.  Last, I will bread all the jalapeno slices in flour and fry them up too!  YUM!  so good!

 
I literally have to run my kids outta the kitchen when I cook these, because they eat them off the plate as fast as I can cook them.  Try these...you'll love 'em!

 

1 comment:

  1. This chicken looks yummy! I love fried chicken, but I haven't made it in ages. My front porch is also a disaster. I'm waiting for some cooler weather to do my fall decorating.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs